SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER OVERVIEW
Work with the Board to develop & implement Hunt Valley’s overall social media strategies and tactics for the summer (May, June, July and August) as well as event specific plans. Engage online and social media audiences on a daily basis and help maintain relationships with key influencers. Keep the board informed of these activities through voice, email and back briefs. Assist with internal efforts around social media, ie: working with internal partners that includes the swim team, café and social chair and audiences across organizational Hunt Valley Pool Club business lines.
- Specifically, responsible for developing and implementing social media plans and specific tactics across all channels of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for key events as well as additional opportunities as identified. Monitor and track all social media initiatives and tactics implemented by organization and develop reports on those findings.
- Attend board meetings ( May, June, July and August)
- Monitor and track individual volunteer hours
- Execute Hunt Valley day-to-day social media activities, including posting to and updating its social media platforms. Attend pool events and post appropriate social media pictures, and messages, that enhance the Hunt Valley brand. Help curate the social media calendar while also responsible for developing and creating content. Directly engage pool members and fans via social media platforms, fostering conversations and relationships.
- Work with relevant board members and outside vendors as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key social media users, twitter users and other social media influencers. Keep updated/current lists of those influencers across multiple categories.
- Track social media program results and report on those findings, as well as assist in active “listening” to the social media community, regularly reporting on those findings.
- Work with the pool manager in getting messages out that need to get out to all members.
- Work with the cafe in getting messages out that need to get out to all members.
- Actively be able to put out events in social media, and ensure it’s correct with the intended organization (Pool Managers, Cafe, Board)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and actively participate in pool activities.
- Able to portray a positive brand for the pool through social media.
- Able to work with all board members, receive guidance and intent and work with little supervision.
- Be accessible, be reliant and responsive regarding social media.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this volunteer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Board is looking for a 9th, 10th or 11th grader who is reliable and responsive
- Understand the concept of: journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising.
- Be accessible during the months of May, June, July and August. (Board will work around any vacation periods.)
- Experience or understanding working in a social media focused role
- Be an individual who is innovative and creative
- Can execute the creation, implementation and tracking of social media initiatives
- Can communicate to board members both in person, voice, email or text
- Understanding in the use of social media and be able to learn its role in business.
- Understanding to have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key social media audiences, ie. members, influencers, online media.